The dermatitis is a skin problem that causes a lot of itching and swelling localized areas and when this dermatitis occurs in areas with significant activity of the sebaceous glands, such as the scalp, face or torso, this is a particular problem very upset and called seborrheic dermatitis.
This skin problem seems to be caused by a fungus known as Malassezia furfur, but shows aggravated by hormonal factors, stress, climate and health in general.
Seborrheic dermatitis symptoms
There are some very clear symptoms that define a clear and precise appearance of the seborrheic dermatitis such as:
- The greasy appearance of the skin with a peeling thereof having few colors ranging from white to yellowish brown.
- Areas of skin reddish and slightly swollen are another feature of this dermatitis that can reach resembled known as psoriasis or dermatitis common.
- A particular feature of this dermatitis is the appearance in certain areas of the body. Places where there are sebaceous glands such as the scalp, upper lip, below the eyebrows, inside or behind the ears, eyelids, wrinkles near the mouth, nose, armpits, groin, navel , buttocks, under the breasts or in the upper back area.
- Of course the burning and itching can be very intense and worse if we scratch constantly.
Seborrheic dermatitis Treatment
The treatment for seborrheic dermatitis must be with a medical specialist, i.e., a dermatologist, after making a diagnosis and finally to verify that what kind of dermatitis have this. Continue reading “What is seborrheic dermatitis?”
In our bodies inhabit many fungi and bacteria that are beneficial for our body and help to maintain certain features of it. This is the case of Candida albicans, a fungus that lives in the vagina and other body parts. In the vagina, if conditions are normal, the presence of this fungus does not affect us through the action of the immune system and the acidic pH of the vagina.
However, when for some reason there is a lowering of our defenses or changes occur that alter the pH of the vagina, Candida reproduces and extends more than usual, thus showing a vaginal infection by fungi that cause pain, itching, swelling occurs, instead of the usual flow, a whitish discharge. Continue reading “Natural remedies for vaginal candidiasis”
Today social networks have become indispensable to society. While we use for entertainment or fun, in recent times are becoming a tool of work also can be very useful.
A few days ago, Facebook launched an initiative to connect organ donors who need life-saving transplants. The founder of company Mark Zuckerberg announced, who wanted to be the first to register as a donor. Now, members of Facebook in the U.S. and UK can indicate whether or not organ donors within their biographies. They may also share organ donation information, relating their own experiences and explaining why they want to be organ donors. “We want it simple,” said Zuckerberg. “You just have to put in what state or country is so that we can help link to official records,” he added. Continue reading “Facebook connect organ donors”
Usually the diseases that suffered have been caused by external agents come to us, such as viruses, bacteria, etc. However, there are a number of diseases that are caused by abnormal functioning of our immune system, which leads it to attack some cells of certain organs of our body as being foreign agents or pathogens, which were ultimately damaged, giving rise to so-called autoimmune diseases.
The origin of these autoimmune disorders in many cases remains unknown, but appears to be related to protein recognition between the surfaces of cell membranes and immune systems that form the different organs. It appears that genetic predisposition plays an important role in the onset of these diseases, although there are trends that indicate that large amounts of additives we ingest through food also have their share of responsibility for the appearance of them. Continue reading “Knowing autoimmune diseases”
The dangers of practicing unprotected sex are many and varied, not only because of the risk of an unwanted pregnancy but also more serious issues related to health: the sexually transmitted diseases.
HIV/AIDS, syphilis, chlamydia or gonorrhea are some of the most talked about the symptoms of STDs and present in the world and yet, most of the population suffers from misinformation that can jeopardize the health of anyone. Precisely, here we would like to address some of the most common questions of STD infection. Continue reading “Doubts about sexually transmitted diseases”
The vast majority of couples with infertility does not know the cause of the problem and are subjected to treatments that are doomed to fail.
The most common cause of infertility is the failure to timely diagnose the disease or diseases that originate, which is very common when there is vaginal discharge.
Large number of couples suffering from infertility for years does not really know what prevents you from getting pregnant.
And all have been subjected to all sorts of expensive laboratory tests.
And they have also suffered from costly and dangerous interventions, such as laparoscopy, and more importantly, to no avail.
Infertility is an increasingly common problem for the occurrence of cases that did not exist. Some examples are:
1. New contraceptive methods accepted despite its serious consequences, such as the contraceptive implant or deposit type.
2. The use of contraceptives without proper precautions, which is very frequent, p. eg. the device is excellent, safe and economical, but that is usually placed carelessly and without proper controls, facilitating the production of ectopic pregnancy and pelvic infections that impede fertility.
3. The radical use of contraception as vasectomy and tubal ligation.
4. The use of toxic substances that harm both men and women at the time of attempting pregnancy.
5. The use of hormones for livestock used for food later.
6. The emerging metabolic diseases caused by the new eating habits.
7. Hormonal and metabolic deficiencies caused by harmful diets currently fashionable social standards to meet unrealistic.
8. Possible affects not yet studied and that could come from contamination of any kind caused by the excessive use of hazardous energy sources. Continue reading “Leading cause of infertility”
The general health care requires us first of all to be moderate in everything we do. That is the key to preventing health disorders in a world which surrounds us.
And it turns out that we are surrounded by dangers. These range from the emotional to the environment, going through the food, the circumstantial and genetic.
It is important to be cautious in taking any decision. Should not be treated appellant with any substance that has potential for harm or which do not have full knowledge, say the chemicals we consume are from the industry. Here we can include deodorants and makeup. Many such products have been recalled after years circulating and being consumed by millions of people for a long time. Recall the case of deodorants containing aluminum. Many chronic diseases have their origin in products like these.
Continue reading “Our Health Care”